Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, November 17, 2017

Never Enough Pink

Hi friends! Today I am sharing with you two surprise presents Brian has given me since we have moved into this apartment. First, I must explain that since Murphy is 14 years old and going blind, we have used a night light in our bedroom, where he sleeps in a bed on the floor at night, since we have gotten him. He won't lay down to sleep without a night light.

So a few weeks ago Brian was out running errands which included Target. He came home with this night light. An upgrade for me or Murphy? Hmm.
She is adorable though, right? I am sure they did not make these for half blind 14 year old miniature poodles or for 48 year old women, but hey!

The second gift is also a winner. This one left me stunned. I refused to accept it at first. Brian insisted. I am very much a saver and penny pincher, that is why!
He says we are going to sell my old white Kitchen Aid mixer on Craigslist. The one we got as a wedding present 25 years ago and still works beautifully. This one is has my name written all over it he says. He says, "You should see your face when you look at this mixer!" He also got a smaller one because our kitchen is smaller. I hope that is not a problem. I think it may mean I can no longer make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. And this gang loves their chocolate chip cookies! Brian says we will deal with it.
The last audio book I finished was Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. Have you ever read this book? I liked it. I find the actual lives of the Bronte sisters very interesting.
In an effort to save her family from poverty, a young woman takes employment as a governess and discovers the great difficulties, instability, and even abuse that accompany her new position in Victorian society.

Based on Brontë’s own experiences as a governess, Agnes Grey is a poignant tale that explores the repression of women as well as the coming of age of a young and memorable heroine.
 I am now listening to To Be Where You Are by Jan Karon. I absolutely love this book. I love every book by Jan Karon. I know I am going to go back and LISTEN to the whole Mitford series. The books just make me feel good! And laugh. How many books make you feel really good?

I am still stitching on Christmas ornaments. Maybe some sneak peaks next time.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends! I am so glad you stopped by!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


























31 comments:

Mary said...

Vicki, What a sweet, generous, thoughful husband you have! The pink poodle is adorable. KA mixers are quality, well built machines,I love mine, it was a Christmas gift from my husband over 10 years ago. I think it will last my lifetime!

I loved the Mitford series too!! Even have the cookbook. Have a great day! Mary

Stasi said...

Vickie, Love the 'pink' inspired gifts--what a thoughtful husband!
I have been in the mood to revisit the Mitford books too, but have had trouble finding audio versions at my library. I have the first 6-7 in book form, so may have to dig them out.
Have a good weekend!

marly said...

What a sweet guy! Can't believe he found a PINK POODLE light!! So perfect! Christmas came early.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow! What a thoughtful husband you have! The pink poodle night light made me chuckle. I know you will put your new pink mixer to good use. Enjoy your weekend, Vickie!

MartinaM said...

Hi Vicky, what a great nightlight, that suits you really well.
The food processor is a hit, just your color, but I think it's really great.
Happy Weekend, Martina

Honeybee said...

Great gifts--Christmas came early! I've got my eye on one of the new smaller Kitchenaid mixers myself. A red one! :O) Enjoy!

diamondc said...

Vickie: Your husband is so sweet,what an adorable night light, the mixer is lovely he loves you so much.

Blessings
Catherine

Vicki said...

What great surprises from a truly thoughtful husband!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

He knows you so well! :) I look forward to seeing your Christmas ornaments. Blessings always sweet friend. ((hugs))

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
the little nightlight is very cute.
You have a wonderful husband.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs Manuela

Cynthia said...

Vickie, I have been reading all I can with regard to the Bronte sisters. I am currently reading (actually listening) The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte. I have not started with any of the sisters books yet. And I love your pink mixer!!! Cynthia

RJ said...

Vickie the night light is adorable and perfect for you. I think it was made just for you! And that pink mixer is fabulous and will look fantastic in your new kitchen painted in blush. Your husband is so sweet and thoughtful and knew exactly what would make his special wife happy. Love it! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carolien said...

Hi Vickie,

Wow, your kitchen machine is so gorgeous and so you, I agree you should have it ;)
Enjoy your new goodies dear friend. I'm smiling all the time and I bet you are too :)

Have a nice weekend,
Carolien

Barbara said...

Absolutely love the pink mixer and the poodle night light is adorable. My Vallie also has to sleep with a night light. She whines if the room is too dark. Oh how we baby them but we love them too. Call when you get cookies done...I'll bring the milk.

Margaret said...

That man is a keeper! How sweet that he would give you those things! I hope the new mixer can still handle big bathes of cookies! Love Jan Karon!! Still haven't read that latest book yet. Love the Brontes too, as you know. Agnes Gray is a good one.

butterfly said...

What great gifts Vickie, so you my friend.
I love that night light , it made me smile .
enjoy a lovely weekend.

Maggee said...

What a great nightlight... who would believe Target has such a vintage-looking night light?! I have seen many of the colorful KA mixers, and always think of you when I see a pink one! Brian is a nice guy! Hugs!

rosey175 said...

Why, I think your husband might know you! ;) That nightlight is perfect for you (and/or Murph lol). And the KA mixer, how more you can you get! I have the lift bowl in yellow. They are really awesome tools. The smaller one will have a harder time with bread! The manual should say the amount of cups of flour it can take. I know you enjoy challah so that's why I thought of that~ Of course if you knead your dough by hand that's not an issue (I love kneading warm dough). If your old mixer is a Hobart, it will sell for a pretty penny, possibly more than the new one cost (though Hobart stopped making them in the late 80s so you're close to the cutoff)!

...I feel like I said to much about mixers LOL. I spent a ton of time searching them before we bought ours. I couldn't find a used Hobart in our area. Congrats on your really awesome husband!! :D

moreofhim said...

Oh my goodness, Vickie! What sweet gifts your hubby gave you! I love the nightlight and may have to get one of those for myself. I'll bet you're shocked that I want one. lol

I have an old white kitchenaide that I bought at a yard sale and it's so wonderful. The motor doesn't go into real high mode anymore, though, but it hasn't been a problem yet. I do love your pink mixer, though! So cute!

So glad you're doing so well!

Blessings - Julie

gracie said...

My friend that mixer is definitely you! Brian is a sweet man. Murphy will love the new nightlight...It is perfect.

Barb said...

What sweet gifts from Brian. I have never seen a pink mixer. My dear friend down the street is a pink lady like you, I will have to show her the picture of your mixer, I love the Jan Karon books. My DH who usually only reads action stories, listened to every book with me. You are so correct, they are real feel-good books.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely pink gifts,your husband is very thoughtful :)

Brigitte said...

The little pink poodle light is really great. I hope Murphy appreciates it :)
And wow, a pink mixer for your kitchen, how cool is that. Your husband is really special.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So much pink! That Brian is a keeper LOL

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie...

Oh how I love your new surprises! The night light is just too precious for words and your new mixer is beautiful! I have never seen a pink one before and it is definitely YOU! I love my Kitchen Aid mixer and it has been going strong for about 12 years now lol! My family loves chocolate chip cookies as well! A family staple around here! It all started when Scott and I were dating and I mailed him some one day...grins! Enjoy your new gifts my friend....I am so glad they make you smile!

I hope you are having a good weekend! I am just now catching up on blogs etc! Sending lots of hugs and love your way!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh my Vickie, that mixer is just so you!!

Penny said...

That was so thoughtful of your husband! I think that pink mixer is perfect for you, Vickie. : ) I'm not familiar with Agnes Grey, but of course, I will have to check it out.

Beth said...

What wonderful gifts! The Kitchenaid mixer is perfect for you!

Julie said...

The perfect gifts for you.

Carol said...

Wow! I never knew Kitchenaid mixers came in pink--how perfect for you! You will love it, Vickie. I have an old (boring ivory color) one that my mother-in-law gave me after my oldest son was born 35 years ago and it's still going strong. How I would love a blue one, though :)

Astrids dragon said...

OMG, they both have your name written all over them! Of course he had to get them for you, what a sweetie!